Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Al Lewis

Like DWB I was also doing a bit of casual DeathList research and think Ive stumbled across an exciting new possibility.

It appears that Al Lewis who played Grampa Munster in the 1960s TV series is still alive and coming up to his 94th brithday.

I cannot find any news of his recent health or his death but I have found a site where you can book him for a personal appearance - Perhaps he should be the guest of honour at the DeathList Xmas party.

seems we're doing quite well in the Derby Dead Pool. Tied for first, and one of the other people in first is only there because Alisdair Cooke, their joker pick (which counts double), passed on. But why was Queen Julianna, our number 20, not amongst the 20 entries?

I do fear the Reaper might have made a slight tactical error, but all in all an excellent effort....

Ronnie - Thre was some sort of method in my madness - I tried to add a couple of our younger selections into our team to pick up more points - eg that youngster Ian Brady

Even so our team appears by far the oldest in the Dearby Dead Pool but with enough 4 point scores we should do ok.

GR

Al Lewis was discussed at our meeting was deemed not famous enough

Mr Stats

If you have sky tv, tune into the biography channel the next time the Munsters are featured. Al looks like his character now and Yvonne de Carlo does'nt look her age (80 I think)

Al Lewis was discussed at our meeting was deemed not famous enough

I've heard of him.

Damn you Eurocentrics - you'll have hoards of Americans complaining soon.

:unsure::o

Guest fritolei

Regardless of whether he is famous enough or not accross the pond, my choice for the trifecta is GRAMPA AL LEWIS!!

Guest EthiX969

I think that Al Lewis from the munsters would be a good addition to the 2005 list hes 94 years of age at the moment

It is a shame that you didnt take the time to realize that there is already a post on Al Lewis and the Moderaters have already turned the idea down. [Topics now merged - DWB]

I'm quite surprised that he made it to the list with the famous enough debate, haven't heard any recent news on him.

Guest jimmy jimmy
:banghead: I remember seeing a twilight zone/outer limits type program (in color) on tv a few years ago where Al Lewis played the part of a grandad who,even though he had just died, refused to accept he was dead and continued exsisting with his family until he started to decompose, until his grandson convinced him that his time was up....maybe this is what has actually happened to him in real life and he just won't die....or maybe I dreamt the tv show-has anybody ever seen it?

Guest STEVE DEATH

AL LEWIS WAS RUNNING FOR GOVENOR OF NEWYORK A FEW YEARS AGO....

HIS BIRTHDAY IS 30TH APRIL AND HE WILL BE 95 YEARS YOUNG, HE LOOKS PRETTY ROUGH HOPE HE MAKES IT TO 95 :lol:

HIS BIRTHDAY IS 30TH APRIL AND HE WILL BE 95 YEARS YOUNG, HE LOOKS PRETTY ROUGH HOPE HE MAKES IT TO 95 

Something to shout about?

HIS BIRTHDAY IS 30TH APRIL AND HE WILL BE 95 YEARS YOUNG, HE LOOKS PRETTY ROUGH HOPE HE MAKES IT TO 95 

Something to shout about?

It could be something to scream about.

Guest Guest

Hello

Al Lewis is born real 30. June 1908. No 30. April 1910. He is soon 97 year old.

deadoraliveinfo.com says this:

There is some substantial amount of debate as to the true year of birth for Al Lewis. Some sources say 1910, some say 1923. According to an interview with his family members, the 1910 date is a "story" and the real date is 1923. (If anyone has his birth certificate, send it along.)

IMDb and Wikipedia both say he was born in 1910. I haven't seen 1908 mentioned anywhere.

I hope he goes in style like a massive bloodbath in an old folks home with a chain gun only passing away as the shuddering of the said weapon shuddering him to death and the last facial expression on his face being a huge cheeky grin that he used to have :D

I hope he goes in style like a massive bloodbath in an old folks home with a chain gun only passing away as the shuddering of the said weapon shuddering him to death and the last facial expression on his face being a huge cheeky grin that he used to have :o

Sorry to disappoint, but not many 90+ year olds tend to go out that way, GS.

I may be wrong, so why don't you ask an actuary what the odds are?

Guest Sparky

I saw a 'Biography' program on A&E about him a while back. They discussed the differences in birthdates. Seems the 1923 date is correct. They even showed his birth cirtificate with that year. If it's true (and it certainly appears to be), he's got to be one of the only film/tv celebrities who lies about his age upward.

Since he's had a sizeable chunk of his body amputated do we get discount if we book him for a live appearance?