ImNotHades

Next Music Shock Death!

Music, death, shock!  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Inspired by the idea of a fellow deathlister, this poll will be based on a future shocking death of a musician. Not inspired to write anything else....just ask if you've got a q.

So this is the current chart (28 March 2017):

9 votes:

Elton John

6 votes:

Ozzy Osbourne; Kylie Minogue

4 votes:

Janet Jackson; Cher; Celine Dion

3 votes:

Mick Jagger; Madonna; Bob Dylan

Went for Madge because of all her child custody problems at the moment

Most of those on the list may not be excpected/predicted but a pop or rock musician in their 60s/70s dying would not be shocking

• Like 2

Bob Dylan

Most of those on the list may not be excpected/predicted but a pop or rock musician in their 60s/70s dying would not be shocking

Were you in the UK on the day that Bowie died?

They even asked the Archbishop of Canterbury to comment.

Went for Cher. (SLD and all)

• Like 1

Janet Jackson. Not a big loss imo.

Ooooohh. They does seem to be a bit of a rumour cloud around Janet at the moment.

How many of their kids will Joe and Katherine outlive?

Ooooohh. They does seem to be a bit of a rumour cloud around Janet at the moment.

How many of their kids will Joe and Katherine outlive?

Another nice poll. ;)

• Like 1

There are a number of Osmonds you could have included.

All four members of Abba?

Bryan Ferry, Steve Harley, Suzi Quatro, Debbie Harry..........

I am not advocating another poll but a number of these have been quite popular in DDP terms. I was thinking those that didn't even show up on the DDP just like Bowie.

• Like 2

Cliff Richard could also be included on that list. Not saying he's about to pop his clogs, but it would certainly be a shocker if he died within the next year.

• Like 1

I am not advocating another poll but a number of these have been quite popular in DDP terms. I was thinking those that didn't even show up on the DDP just like Bowie.

i thought about all of them, even some younger ones, but decided to keep it simple this time, and i went for shock death, outside ddp people don't really expect aretha franklin to die but i could always add some more names

Just seen something on fb about Elton John donating a piano to St Pancras station and he turned up and played a few tunes. Over the past year or so he has really turned on a charm offensive either he is concerned about his kids growing up and thinking he is a completely arrogant tosspot or he is concerned about securing his legacy. Saw what happened with Bowie and thought 'what would they say about me?'

• Like 1

Cliff Richard could also be included on that list. Not saying he's about to pop his clogs, but it would certainly be a shocker if he died within the next year.

i must be blind......i forgot to put him on the list

Des O'Connor (do you class him as a musician) could of been on the list as well

From the list, I would have to say Bob Dylan.

Although there are a couple not on the list that would be sad about, and those are Mike Stoller, and Scotty Moore.

i thought about all of them, even some younger ones, but decided to keep it simple this time, and i went for shock death, outside ddp people don't really expect aretha franklin to die but i could always add some more names

Aaaah I was probably not explaining my self well enough. The DDP is the Derby Deadpool which is the main off list game for us UK Deathlisters. Because each player is allowed up to three teams of 20 picks there are a very large number of names on here which makes it all the more shocking when someone who is off the radar goes because you expect at least someone to have them. Theme teams also add to that sense of shock.

Just seen something on fb about Elton John donating a piano to St Pancras station and he turned up and played a few tunes. Over the past year or so he has really turned on a charm offensive either he is concerned about his kids growing up and thinking he is a completely arrogant tosspot or he is concerned about securing his legacy. Saw what happened with Bowie and thought 'what would they say about me?'

i never really like Elton, Bowie was my idol, but not Elton....he does seem to have a similar past with overdose, illness and stuff...when he dies the whole planet will praise him and adore him. I think he'll get Bowie/Jackson kinda reaction from the public although he never got my respect as an artist like the two mentioned.

• Like 1

i never really like Elton, Bowie was my idol, but not Elton....he does seem to have a similar past with overdose, illness and stuff...when he dies the whole planet will praise him and adore him. I think he'll get Bowie/Jackson kinda reaction from the public although he never got my respect as an artist like the two mentioned.

I need to take a minute here have you just put David Bowie and Michael Jackson in the same artistic category???

Went for Jagger but reserve the right to claim Richards as well.

You get nothing for a pair....

Aaaah I was probably not explaining my self well enough. The DDP is the Derby Deadpool which is the main off list game for us UK Deathlisters. Because each player is allowed up to three teams of 20 picks there are a very large number of names on here which makes it all the more shocking when someone who is off the radar goes because you expect at least someone to have them. Theme teams also add to that sense of shock.

no no :) i get it, i'm new to the site, i didn't know most of them already were on the death bed a few times, but i love myself a good challenge, i'll add some risky ones

I need to take a minute here have you just put David Bowie and Michael Jackson in the same artistic category???

haha no, that was the media reaction basket, nothing related to their music, although jackson got more attention

2 on that list I would be shocked of them dying, Iggy Pop for one, and Alice Cooper being the 2nd as I believe both are currently on tour or about to embark on tour (although not on the same tour)

would be a hell of a band to put them together XD they could sell shows like crazy

haha no, that was the media reaction basket, nothing related to their music, although jackson got more attention

The attention Jackson got focused on him as an individual where Bowie sent all the 45+ journalists into a morbid sense of 'oh my god David has gone all my formative years were spend wishing I was one quarter as cool as he was everyone else must feel the same' However the focus was on him as an artist which like him or loathe him he certainly managed to balance between the commercial success and the avant garde experimentation.

• Like 1