Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

For non-deaths related political/politicians discussion (which let's face it mainly involves one way ranting.

• Like 1

imagesCE2XLFIQ_zpszfbsxagz.jpg

• Like 2

You've got to actually find a picture of them tumbling for a decent effect. Otherwise it just looks like a picture of you and your Norfolk pals trying to hitch a lift to the Foghat gig.....

Oh and there was plenty of posts in the previous politics thread before it got inexplicably wiped. =/

• Like 1

You've got to actually find a picture of them tumbling for a decent effect. Otherwise it just looks like a picture of you and your Norfolk pals trying to hitch a lift to the Foghat gig.....

Oh and there was plenty of posts in the previous politics thread before it got inexplicably wiped. =/

Sorry, living in Norfolk means im not as hip as you, Ive never hear of fogtwat or whatever their name is.

Also, to be fair, my bollocks aren't as hairy as the average tumbleweed.

• Like 1

Erm, theyre not meant to be hip at all actually.Why would I 'accuse' you of listeningto something hip? lololol

I actually like people from most areas of this country. I'm only pretending to use "prejudice" as a way to tell you to fuck off.

• Like 1

Erm, theyre not meant to be hip at all actually.Why would I 'accuse' you of listeningto something hip? lololol

I actually like people from most areas of this country. I'm only pretending to use "prejudice" as a way to tell you to fuck off.

I now feel like a child who has been passed over by Jimmy Savile. :lol:

• Like 2

I misread that at first.

• Like 4

I misread that at first.

Well there was no end to his depravity Toastie. :lol:

• Like 1

With all the fawning jingoistic shite about the 50th anniversary of Churchill's death myself and the Voice of Young Maryport were speculating what would happen if this dirt-digging about political paedos finally got to some doddery old git just before he died and was given hard evidence of Winston being a kiddie-fiddler.

I stress I have no reason to believe he was but...

In that situation, do we rethink our great national hero or rethink our revulsion to paedos?

Just, innocently, putting the thought out there, like.

• Like 2

With all the fawning jingoistic shite about the 50th anniversary of Churchill's death myself and the Voice of Young Maryport were speculating what would happen if this dirt-digging about political paedos finally got to some doddery old git just before he died and was given hard evidence of Winston being a kiddie-fiddler.

In that situation, do we rethink our great national hero or rethink our revulsion to paedos?

Could we even contemplate such a possibility?

Sorry, living in Norfolk means im not as hip as you, Ive never hear of fogtwat or whatever their name is.

Top bantz guys lol......

Top bantz guys lol......

You taking the piss?

Well...try Googling the photos of the packed streets in Leeds paying tribute to Savile their fallen king of the people. Wonder how those people feel now.

• Like 1

Top bantz guys lol......

You taking the piss?

Moi? Never! I'm just enjoying the banter - one of you makes me laugh my tits off, the other is an annoying twat!

• Like 2

Well...try Googling the photos of the packed streets in Leeds paying tribute to Savile their fallen king of the people. Wonder how those people feel now.

To be fair if they're gormless enough to do that they can probably also forget about it really easily.

I didn't have a clue. Before 2012 I thought the "suggestions" were just said as a sick joke by wacky internet types. Of course, If I'd come on the DL forums and read the hints here I would have taken them deadly seriously!

Good point Mary. Mind you Churchills funeral was ( and I don't remember as I was barely a month old) by all accounts ""The peoples Princess" in terms of the sheer numbers who lined the streets or summat.

Can you imagine mentioning the war without Churchill looming in the background?

That would probably be the greatest scandal of any time, only discovering life on Mars would top that kinds shock.

That's so edgy..... in 1975! Did you ever think anniversaries like this might be the first time some people have heard of the fucker.

Given the average outlook/intelligence of the Mirror/Sun reader these days, I'm sure this list of 10 things you didn't know about Churchill could just as easily be

1. Who he was
  2. When he lived
  3. Why anyone even remembers him

etc.

Although it all pales in comparison to this piece of demented chav hilarity (which also proves how badly Mirror wants to be a left-wing equivalent of MailOnline.)

Does anyone else like the look of Syriza? (For those of you who havent been following the news, very left-wing party in Greece who are about to win election)

Anyone who tells the EU to fuck off is my new favourite.....

They're facing power now, let's see what the EU says to them, eh?

That's so edgy..... in 1975! Did you ever think anniversaries like this might be the first time some people have heard of the fucker.

Given the average outlook/intelligence of the Mirror/Sun reader these days, I'm sure this list of 10 things you didn't know about Churchill could just as easily be

• Who he was
  • When he lived
  • Why anyone even remembers him
etc.

Although it all pales in comparison to this piece of demented chav hilarity (which also proves how badly Mirror wants to be a left-wing equivalent of MailOnline.)

Given the history curriculum is world wars centric most people will at least know who he is.

• Like 1

• Who he was
  • When he lived
  • Why anyone even remembers him
etc.

Given the history curriculum is world wars centric most people will at least know who he is.

Right..... just like simultaneous equations were on the curriculum and I still know how to do those....... :rolleyes:

(And I actually showed up to classes... and "paid attention", well kinda.....)

You have no fucking clue.

1. Who he was
  2. When he lived

etc.

Don't youngsters get taught arithmetic any more?

1. Who he was
  2. When he lived

etc.

Don't youngsters get taught arithmetic any more?

Don't oldsters put their reading glasses on any more?

Got mine on now. £2.00 from Liddle (the middle aisle!)

ctrl+ makes it more legible for those who may be struggling.

• Like 2

Going back to Churchill - did anyone watch the BBC documentary on his last days/funeral last night?

Aside from the fact that Jeremy Paxman (presenter of it) is really starting to look old, it was pretty high quality, plus there was at least one genuine moment of unintentional hilarity.

• Like 1