Sign in to follow this  
Davey Jones' Locker

Edward Snowden

Well he has disappeared from his hotel.......keeping low profile I reckon, esp as hong Kong has an extradition treaty with the yanks.

Either that or bumped off.

See when Guy Burgess defected, he got a lifetime supply of vodka and all the underage rentboys he could bang. What's this prick meant to be getting? Bubble tea and a premium membership to one of those Chinese bootleg Facebook sites?

Or a visit from a couple of girlies who will then throw in a rape allegation, possibly...

• Like 1

Well, we know for certain now that the New York Times is in the pocket of the big boys:

"The New York Times edited its damning editorial condemning the Obama administration for collecting phone call data from Americans to make it less stinging shortly after the editorial was published online Thursday afternoon.

The editorial originally declared that the Obama “administration has lost all credibility” as a result of the recently revealed news that the National Security Agency and the Federal Bureau of Investigation have been secretly collecting call data from American users of Verizon under the authority of the Patriot Act.

But hours later the stinging sentence had been modified to read the Obama “administration has now lost all credibility on this issue.”

[snip]

The new version of the article contains no indication that it has been changed."

Source: http://dailycaller.c...mning-of-obama/

Extensive interview with Snowden here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/nsa-whistleblower-edward-snowden-why

Also, another article on the reach of the US spy network:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/glenn-greenwald-us-privacy-92400.html#ixzz2VYkQvMC6

"The journalist who broke the news that the government is monitoring vast quantities of American phone records is claiming the U.S. is building a “massive” snooping apparatus committed to destroying privacy worldwide.

“There is a massive apparatus within the United States government that with complete secrecy has been building this enormous structure that has only one goal, and that is to destroy privacy and anonymity, not just in the United States but around the world,” charged Glenn Greenwald, a reporter for the British newspaper “The Guardian,” speaking on CNN. “That is not hyperbole. That is their objective.”"

Didn't his girlfriend go missing for a bit? She was lost or more like kidnapped and waterboarded.

Isn't it a disgrace you have snowden and assange political prisoners to USA . All they did was share information.

• Like 1

Isn't it a disgrace you have snowden and assange political prisoners to USA . All they did was share information.

Aristotle, Politics: "... and further, it is part [of the nature of tyranny] to strive to see to it that nothing is kept hidden of that which any subject says or does, but that everywhere he will be spied upon, ... and further, to set man against the privileged and the wealthy. Also it is part of these tyrannical measures, to keep the subjects poor, in order to pay the guards and soldiers, and so that they will be occupied with earning their livelihood and will have neither leisure nor opportunity to engage in conspiratorial acts.... Also, the tyrant is inclined constantly to forment wars."

• Like 1

Well he has disappeared from his hotel.......keeping low profile I reckon, esp as hong Kong has an extradition treaty with the yanks.

Either that or bumped off.

I am expecting him to turn up face down in Hong Kong harbour after having tragically committed "suicide".

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f93_1390833151

Interview on German TV, but liveleak is the only place I can find it.

Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

In fairness, the phrase "nominated for the Nobel Prize" means the grand total of fuck all since nominations are never made public.

However, on a deadpooling front this year's Nobel Peace Prize has some relevance to me with the campaign for Abdul Sattar Edhi to get the nod. Presumably that'll be the last thing he does before he departs this fine Earth.

In fairness, the phrase "nominated for the Nobel Prize" means the grand total of fuck all since nominations are never made public.

However, on a deadpooling front this year's Nobel Peace Prize has some relevance to me with the campaign for Abdul Sattar Edhi to get the nod. Presumably that'll be the last thing he does before he departs this fine Earth.

He was nominated a couple of years ago. which basically means someone just threw his name in to the hat. Out of all the names submitted, there are only a few that are ever taken seriously. Someone even nominated Trump for the Peace Prize. I think that may have been done tongue-in-cheek.

Still, you can get Snowden at 20/1 to win the gong and Edhi at 25/1 (which, to me, has to be worth a tickle). The Donald at 100/1. "Greek islanders" are 2/1 favourites but if you want my 100% honest tip, Mussie Zerai ticks every single box going (African, Christian, helps Halibuts, lives in Europe, previously unheralded) and is available at 6/1.

Still, you can get Snowden at 20/1 to win the gong and Edhi at 25/1 (which, to me, has to be worth a tickle). The Donald at 100/1. "Greek islanders" are 2/1 favourites but if you want my 100% honest tip, Mussie Zerai ticks every single box going (African, Christian, helps Halibuts, lives in Europe, previously unheralded) and is available at 6/1.

Well he doesn't tick every box, no mention of being a one legged transsexual.