Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Rotten Dead Pool

How many of us hang out at the massive Rotten Dead Pool? You'll note from the current chart of high performers that Rotten Ali is up there with the best and needs only Ariel Sharon to shuffle off by February to collect a perfect 10. Haven't bothered myself, until yesterday, when I pitched the following line up into the fray to cark it in 2010:

1 Ruth Bader Ginsburg

2 Ronnie Biggs

3 Oscar Niemeyer

4 Eydie Gorme

5 Billy Graham

6 Johannes Heesters

7 Barbara Kent

8 Ronnie James Dio

9 Zelda Rubinstein

10 Sargent Shriver

How many of us hang out at the massive Rotten Dead Pool? You'll note from the current chart of high performers that Rotten Ali is up there with the best and needs only Ariel Sharon to shuffle off by February to collect a perfect 10. Haven't bothered myself, until yesterday, when I pitched the following line up into the fray to cark it in 2010:

1 Ruth Bader Ginsburg

2 Ronnie Biggs

3 Oscar Niemeyer

4 Eydie Gorme

5 Billy Graham

6 Johannes Heesters

7 Barbara Kent

8 Ronnie James Dio

9 Zelda Rubinstein

10 Sargent Shriver

That's a strong team. I'm not posting my next real team till 6th Feb but on standby I've got the following:

Jose Alencar, Ronnie Biggs, Fidel Castro, Eddie Fisher, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Eydie Gorme, Derryn Hinch, Kim Jong-Il

Zelda Rubinstein & Ariel Sharon

I'll race you over the same distance here.

You might struggle with Hinch, he's not currently one of their listed celebs. They do list terrorists, but - oddly - not the Lockerbie bomber so far as I could see. I did think the whole thing user friendly and liked the simple pick 'n' click selections, though the lack of a couple of picks I'd hoped to include was summat of a wind up.

You might struggle with Hinch, he's not currently one of their listed celebs. They do list terrorists, but - oddly - not the Lockerbie bomber so far as I could see. I did think the whole thing user friendly and liked the simple pick 'n' click selections, though the lack of a couple of picks I'd hoped to include was summat of a wind up.

Darn. You are right, and ditto Alencar. I'd have noticed that should I have been loading my team now and not been able to register them. I'll give you three options.

1. I'll race you with the above fully 8 qualified team members.

2. Give me the chance to replace Alencar with Liz Tayor.

3. Allow me to replace both, with Ayatollah Ali Khamenei coming in for Hinch.

I'm playing.

Peter Falk

David Crosby

Paul Hogan

Jack Kevorkian

Simon MacCorkindale

Peter O'Toole

Ronnie James Dio

Norman Wisdom

Margaret Thatcher

Zelda Rubinstein

Nice team Lardy. And you really have a team on their site - like it. Don't forget you can remove and add any team member during your first month of play - just remembering if you bring in any new team member you can't credit them if they actually die during the same day of picking. (and that's USA West Coast time zone)

Nice team Lardy. And you really have a team on their site - like it. Don't forget you can remove and add any team member during your first month of play - just remembering if you bring in any new team member you can't credit them if they actually die during the same day of picking. (and that's USA West Coast time zone)

Yeh, I noticed that in the rules and guess that's how one of the other top three managed to nab Natasha Richardson - picked two days before her death - I don't like that rule. I have played Rotten a couple of times in the past but have about the same degree of success as I do with DDP!

Darn. You are right, and ditto Alencar. I'd have noticed that should I have been loading my team now and not been able to register them. I'll give you three options.

1. I'll race you with the above fully 8 qualified team members.

2. Give me the chance to replace Alencar with Liz Tayor.

3. Allow me to replace both, with Ayatollah Ali Khamenei coming in for Hinch.

Aye, I'll go for number three. The person behind to stand the one winning at the time a pint of foaming ale at DLConIV, or summat.

Hey Rotten Ali, I just got a Rotten Dead Pool account and it apparently gives you the option to switch out your still-living picks whenever you want. Can't you swap Ariel Sharon with Zelda Rubinstein and have your full ten?

Hey Rotten Ali, I just got a Rotten Dead Pool account and it apparently gives you the option to switch out your still-living picks whenever you want. Can't you swap Ariel Sharon with Zelda Rubinstein and have your full ten?

Option to swap team members is only available for the first month of a new team entry - beyond that all picks are locked and you have to run with what you have.

PS so who's in your team?

Option to swap team members is only available for the first month of a new team entry - beyond that all picks are locked and you have to run with what you have.

Well, currently... Steven Adler, Algirdas Brazauskas, Muhammad Ali, Stephen Hawking, Dennis Hopper, Don Imus, Rush Limbaugh, Simon MacCorkindale, Zelda Rubinstein, Gloria Stuart. Basically I included the DDP picks I was very confident in, and the people who I really wanted in my DDP, but couldnt fit. But this list may very well change.

Well, currently... Steven Adler, Algirdas Brazauskas, Muhammad Ali, Stephen Hawking, Dennis Hopper, Don Imus, Rush Limbaugh, Simon MacCorkindale, Zelda Rubinstein, Gloria Stuart. Basically I included the DDP picks I was very confident in, and the people who I really wanted in my DDP, but couldnt fit. But this list may very well change.

Thanks for your team update - I'll add that you need to be not just confident, but hold an inner belief that all members of your team won't last out the year - not just that they may die in the next 5 years or so. Prostate cancer is a slow burner - you need to watch and pick for the final curtain call cancers - liver, bone & pancreatic.

PS talking of Bone cancer I'll swap in Dennis Hopper for Castro.

PPS that makes my shadow team: Ronnie Biggs, Eddie Fisher, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Eydie Gorme, Dennis Hopper, Kim Jong-Il, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Zelda Rubinstein, Ariel Sharon & Liz Taylor.

Re the RDP, let's hear it for Hopemonger whoever the hell s/he is.

This team has just under six months to go and only Biggs is still breathing.

1 Corazon Aquino

2 Susan Atkins

3 Ronnie Biggs

4 Myles Brand

5 Walter Cronkite

6 Don Hewitt

7 Ted Kennedy

8 Frank McCourt

9 Robert Novak

10 Patrick Swayze

Re the RDP, let's hear it for Hopemonger whoever the hell s/he is.

This team has just under six months to go and only Biggs is still breathing.

1 Corazon Aquino

2 Susan Atkins

3 Ronnie Biggs

4 Myles Brand

5 Walter Cronkite

6 Don Hewitt

7 Ted Kennedy

8 Frank McCourt

9 Robert Novak

10 Patrick Swayze

Indead. Definatley the fastest to get to 9 out of 10. Only been done 5 times, but no one is yet to get to 10 out of 10 within the magic one year time span.

85 days for hopemonger (waiting for Ronnie Biggs)

205 days for our mate Starch (waiting for Norman Wisdom)

209 days for our mate Death Impends under the team name Impending death (waiting for Pete Burns)

my 232 days under my STAB in-the DARK title (waiting for Ariel Sharon)

and the only previous 9 out of 10 done by igotyou in 333 days between 01-dec-'04 to 01-dec-'05 (this team was waiting for Albert Hofmann who finally died on 29-Apr-'08)

I'm sure plenty of players have completed their list of ten names in a shorter time frame but then that's another list.

Hmmm, I've got nowt to show for 18 days involvement. Though I've just added Dennis Hopper because I'm still within my window of editing opportunity. Hacked off to see they don't list the McGarrigle sisters amongst their celebs.

Today is my last day to make changes. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

My current list:

1. Ray Bradbury (Born 1920)

2. Algirdas Brazauskas (Born 1932)

3. Gary Coleman (Born 1968)

4. Jeff Conaway (Born 1950)

5. Johannes Heesters (Born 1903)

6. Dennis Hopper (Born 1936)

7. Artie Lange (Born 1967)

8. Simon MacCorkindale (Born 1952)

9. Zelda Rubinstein (Born 1933)

10. Gloria Stuart (Born 1910)

Well, it's the 6th Feb and my 5th RDP year is up and I've just missed the perfect 10 out of 10 score.

Best of luck to the three teams still in with a shout of being the first to get a full house.

My fullest condolances go out to the family & friends of:

Susan Atkins, Dominick Dunne, Farrah Fawcett, Jade Goody, Ted Kennedy, Ed McMahon, Robert Novak, Wendy Richard & Patrick Swayze.

You all did very well.

Well, it's the 6th Feb and my 5th RDP year is up and I've just missed the perfect 10 out of 10 score.

Best of luck to the three teams still in with a shout of being the first to get a full house.

My fullest condolances go out to the family & friends of:

Susan Atkins, Dominick Dunne, Farrah Fawcett, Jade Goody, Ted Kennedy, Ed McMahon, Robert Novak, Wendy Richard & Patrick Swayze.

You all did very well.

Awesome performance either way RA, respect!

Must say our friend Starch has set a new record of sorts.

Of the 5 of us who have scored 9 out of 10 in a game only one had progressed to getting a tenth death outside of the one year game time. That was "igotyou" with the hit on Albert Hofmann on the 29th April 2008. This game time had ended on the 1st Dec' 2005. So I make that it was 880 days beyond the game finish date.

That was until Sir Norman Wisdom died the other day. By my maths this was only 225 days beyond what was predicted.

Well done Starch - top marks - till someone gets a nine plus 10th quicker or even a perfect 10.

I only had 3 hits last year but I'm underway with good vibes on a shot at a 10 out of 10 run.

Edit 17th April - 9 weeks in - hit # 5

Hits = Sam Simon, Daevid Allen, ex pm of Singapore Yew, Robert Schuller and Cardinal George.

King of Thailand, Zsa Zsa, Billy Graham, Ayatollah Khamenei & Frank Miller to go.

I only had 3 hits last year but I'm underway with good vibes on a shot at a 10 out of 10 run. 5 weeks in, and I've had my second hit.

King of Thailand, ex pm of Sigapore Yew, Zsa Zsa, Billy Graham, Ayatollah Khamenei, Cardinal George, Robert Shuller & Frank Miller to go.

I'm stumbling along in this year's RDP. Nine still standing, but I'm hopeful a few more will go before early January 2016:

Bhumibol Adulyadej

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Billy Graham

Sam Simon - DEAD

Barys Kit

Deryk Whibley

Glen Campbell

Kirk Douglas

Ruth Channing

Rob Ford

2 hits already! Game ends February 2, 2016:

Daevid Allen :skull: 13.03.2015

Danielle Darrieux

Olivia de Havilland

Manoel de Oliveira

Maureen O'Hara

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Leslie Phillips

David Rockefeller

Sam Simon :skull: 08.03.2015

Lupita Tovar

I struggle to get a team together on there, since most of the people I want to put in are not on their lists. I've tried offering suggestions, as invited, but to no avail. I don't like picking people I've never heard of, so I guess they feel the same.

I've got

Richard Adams

Muhammad Ali

Olivia de Havilland

Billy Graham

Mary Tyler Moore

Leslie Phillips

Peter Sallis

Sam Simon

Percy Sledge

Liz Smith

I have a nice 5/10 at the moment on mine, which was started in mid December:

Bob Benmosche

Daisy Berkowitz

Little Jimmy Dickens

Jean Dore

Barys Kit

Luise Rainer

Robert Schuller

Stuart Scott

Sam Simon

Percy Sledge

Kinda wish I swapped Berkowitz for someone like Francis George when I had the chance though, since Daisy seems in good enough shape at the moment.

EDIT: Jean Dore is dead, only Berkowitz and Kit remain...

I have a nice 5/10 at the moment on mine, which was started in mid December:

Bob Benmosche

Daisy Berkowitz

Little Jimmy Dickens

Jean Dore

Barys Kit

Luise Rainer

Robert Schuller

Stuart Scott

Sam Simon

Percy Sledge

Kinda wish I swapped Berkowitz for someone like Francis George when I had the chance though, since Daisy seems in good enough shape at the moment.

That is a strong team, wish you well with it.