Grim Reaper

Russell Watson

Think this thread needs padding out with all the previous posts about his brain tumour. I'm under the impression he was making a good recovery. But then again Mo Molam slipped under the radar for a few years prior to a relapse.

Think this thread needs padding out with all the previous posts about his brain tumour. I'm under the impression he was making a good recovery. But then again Mo Molam slipped under the radar for a few years prior to a relapse.

Unfortunately he hasn't had a neat thread of his own up until now.

However he was selected on the basis that nobody is going on for too long after two brain tumours...or have we overlooked examples to prove the contrary?

Did not get the gist he had had two tumours removed already. That puts the ball back in your court and true to say that I'll be looking at a 2009 listing for Russell if he makes it through 2008.

Did not get the gist he had had two tumours removed already. That puts the ball back in your court and true to say that I'll be looking at a 2009 listing for Russell if he makes it through 2008.

As I understand it, six weeks of radiotherapy on your head (Radiohead?) is no walk in the park...

Brave choice by the DL team - let's hope their faith in Russell's head is rewarded. I have him on my DDP too. Being a tenor is a fairly risky occupation anyway, Pavarotti (died), Carreras (survived), Bocelli (blind), Mercury (Aids) ... need I go on

Additionally it would be pleasing to have a clear-out of all the people who have based a career on singing Nessun Dorma. Pavarotti, Watson and Phil Potts to name but three.

Brave choice by the DL team

The word is risk. I've never heard of Russel Watson until recently but as I understand he was waking up in the morning for many years subconsciously believing that he wouldn't live to see 40. That is the kind of optimism that is scouted but after having successful surgery is it the material which produces? I have no comment.

Bravo with this pick. I had him last year based on his first brain tumor. Now that he had a second, he is an even better pick. :banghead:

As I understand it, six weeks of radiotherapy on your head (Radiohead?) is no walk in the park...

I think it depends on the individual - my sister is currently undergoing exactly this, alongside chemotherapy as well, and she is feeling remarkably chipper so far, considering she was hours from death a couple of months ago. Who knows?

theres a bit on him today on the BBC. Apparently about to undergo chemo . Russ

Mr Thompson added: "He's got five days a week for five weeks to really whack the thing completely in the hope that it will never regrow.

Suggesting he might not die, like, right away.

Good fortune for Death List is that the rigors (and vomiting) from chemo often kill the recipient off quicker than the cancer would.

Guest thisismadness

Good fortune for Death List is that the rigors (and vomiting) from chemo often kill the recipient off quicker than the cancer would.

May I add..... his tumours were benign. He did not, therfore, have cancer.

May I add..... his tumours were benign. He did not, therfore, have cancer.

He's having Radiotherapy, not chemo.

A completely different thing entirely.

As our baggy-trousered friend so rightly points out, he doesn't have cancer, so chemotherapy in the usual sense would be a bit of a waste of time.

Now he seems to have survived the surgery, I don't think his life is really at immediate risk. Even if the tumour were to grow back, it's unlikely to regrow so fast that it'll kill him this year.

Guest martin

I stumbled upon this site by accident whilst trying to find out if Clive Dunn was still alive and I was pleased to discover that he was. That said this is, in the truest sense, the most distasteful website that I have ever encountered.

I stumbled upon this site by accident whilst trying to find out if Clive Dunn was still alive and I was pleased to discover that he was. That said this is, in the truest sense, the most distasteful website that I have ever encountered.

You haven't spent much time on the internet. Plug in "scat" into the search engine and you will find "distasteful".

Thank you Martin. It's not every day that people take the time to pass on a complement. I'm glad it was able to help you out.

Plug in "scat" into the search engine and you will find "distasteful".

Yeah, I hate jazz. So does my mate Johnny.

from his Blog

Hello, I'm writing to you this week from inside a cloud of post-radiotherapy positivity. I know it sounds corny but I try to take something from the everything that's happened to me, and over the last few years, a lot has gone on. First my throat operation, then two operations on my tumour and now – fingers crossed – successful radiotherapy treatment. Now that the treatment is over and it's been confirmed there's no damage to my optic nerve and my voice has been unaffected, I've decided it's time to look forward.

I've got this book to finish first, of course, and as well as all the mad and funny stuff you might expect, I'll be using it to set the record straight and say my piece on a couple of things. I might put one or two noses out of joint, but so be it.

Then, once that's done, it'll be time to move on with my life. I've already restarted my Italian courses. Plus, after a long break, I'm going to start playing the piano again. I'm also planning to do some more songwriting. Co-writing Someone Like You was a great experience for me and it's long been something I've wanted to try again. We shall see!

Right, that's it from me, so until next week...

the fecker is hanging on.

Ihave to agree with you but i had to go through registration to get on it as you obviously did WHY did we bother if we found it so distasteful

Guest victorlaslo

I'm sure you'd all like to join with me to wish Russell well. He seems like a very nice bloke.

Were you pleased to find out that Russell Watson is still alive too?

• Like 1