Guest Gen. Julian Sanchez

Edmund Hillary

Guest Gen. Julian Sanchez

I'm from New Zealand - stick Sir Edmund Hillary back up for next year, let's just hope he holds out until then! Also, what about Nelson Mandela?

Mr. Sanchez, I read here he´s going to go to Antarctica this fall...

Does he really looks frail?

Guest Gen. Sanchez

He sure looks it, but he's a tough old bastard, I guess.

Yeah, but is he over the hill?

Edmund Hillary denounces fellow Kiwi climbers.

First news I've ever heard about him in ages... seems to be doing well for himself...

He looks to be in very good nick for his age and has been doing his 'last' trips for a few years now; e.g. last trip to Antarctica, last trip to Nepal and the like.

Here's a recent picture,

EdHillaryonNZfiver.jpg

Doesn't he just look chipper?

Gunjaman; a work colleague who went to NZ recently said it was a little behind the times but even by your standards that 'recent' picture is - like - taking the piss isn't it?

surptiisared me since I thought he was long ago dearfd/ Whem did he un-die/,>?

Snow joke getting old,

best sit down and Everest.

Snow joke getting old,

donwst goive up ypour day job/

Snow joke getting old,

donwst goive up ypour day job/

It gave me up some time ago,

I'm freelancing now, the boss is a real arsehole.

ist htere anu ro=umor to the truth that you atere Bennte Cerg/?/

During the first successful climb of the South West Ridge in 1975 Doug Scott, bivvying about 1000 feet below the summit, claimed a world record for the world's highest wank on land. Not sure if that's ever been beaten (heh heh).

During the first successful climb of the South West Ridge in 1975 Doug Scott, bivvying about 1000 feet below the summit, claimed a world record for the world's highest wank on land. Not sure if that's ever been beaten (heh heh).

Waht?

Waht?

I have a hunch you grasped the meaning perfectly through the gin haze Bruno. The man - ahem - pleasured himself somewhere just above 28,000 feet whilst sheltering in a hastily dug snow cave during a long, cold night on the world's highest mountain. Doug Scott is a real star, a man not known to respect limitations on his behaviour. On another occasion he crawled down Everest with two broken legs having been injured on a very tough ascent.

He still lives - in darkest Cumbria, still climbs and still doesn't give a sh*t.

Waht?

I have a hunch you grasped the meaning perfectly through the gin haze Bruno. The man - ahem - pleasured himself somewhere just above 28,000 feet whilst sheltering in a hastily dug snow cave during a long, cold night on the world's highest mountain. Doug Scott is a real star, a man not known to respect limitations on his behaviour. On another occasion he crawled down Everest with two broken legs having been injured on a very tough ascent.

He still lives - in darkest Cumbria, still climbs and still doesn't give a sh*t.

This has been bothering me, wouldn't there be certain problems associated with the extreme cold? Numbness to name but one.

I think so but you'd have to talk to one of the select few who've ever attempted this to gather tips on technique, and keeping warm. I've also found myself wondering, since water boils at a much lower temperature at 28,000 feet, does that mean a man, pleasuring himself, would - like - go off with much less stimulation than usual.

If any DL'er out there knows a top level mountaineer, it might be worth bringing up the question.

I'll toss it over to Chris Bonnington next time I see him.

I'd do it if you think you can pull it off.

I've been to altitude (22,500 ft) when my todger turned a bit blue, suppose it could have done with a massage but that was the last thing on my mind. Doug Scott is a real star, lifetime respect. I guess he could have established a sperm bank at 28,000 ft.

I suppose that he had to resort to onanism as all the women at that altitude would be a bit frigid..........