Sign in to follow this  
BrunoBrimley

Death Of An Architect

Breaking news (well it was breaking a few days ago but nobody noticed):

Lt.-General Jagjit Singh Aurora the architect of the 1971 war with Pakistan which led to the birth of the nation of Bangladesh has died. Sad to see him go at such a young age.

A nation mourns

Sad to see him go at such a young age.

It really is a shame that his young life was cut so short. You say to yourself why couldent it have been Oscar Niemiar?

Thats the second major architect gone this year Philip Johnson had died earlier.

It really is a shame that his young life was cut so short. You say to yourself why couldent it have been Oscar Niemiar?

Thats the second major architect gone this year Philip Johnson had died earlier.

Lt General Jagjit Singh Aurora was a military commander in the Indian army. He was not an architect by profession. The word was just used as a figurative method of speech to describe how instrumental he was in the war against Pakistan that led to the independence of Bangladesh.

Guest Dr.shamim

Very sad, Major Niazi (pakistani chief) surrendered to this great man on 16th december 1971 and a new nation got its independence, as A Bangladeshi my deepest respect and love for him

Well said Doc....

Shouldn't this be in near misses?

Not since he is dead...................

Not since he is dead...................

actually, Godot's right. Best as I can tell the near misses page is for people who have died but weren't selected for the DL. Oh, and they must also be people that no one, not even their immediate family members, have heard of, until the moment they die when they pop up on some news wire.

Oh, and they must also be people that no one, not even their immediate family members, have heard of, until the moment they die when they pop up on some news wire.

Those certainly seem to be the criteria that iain uses, for his multitude of postings from the wikipedia recent deaths.

Guest Guest

104 year old architect dies ! http://en.wikipedia....runo_Giacometti

Edited by DevonDeathTrip
Tedious, unfunny, twattish post removed from the Oscar Niemeyer thread and placed here, where hopefully it will sink like a stone in to the abyss where it belongs.

104 year old architect dies ! http://en.wikipedia....runo_Giacometti

I don't think this is the dead architect thread just calling Jagjit Singh Aurora an architect like metaphorically.

Guest Guest

some moronic pillock moved it here .he/she obviously doesnt understand irony

His Wiki image makes me laugh:

622px-Soleri_caricature.JPG

It brings to mind a variety of Nepali politicians who used to have similar images on their Wiki pages.

• Like 1

Every time I see this thread on page 1 I think IM Pei Is not A-Ok

• Like 1

Arguably India's greatest contemporary architect, Charles Correa, 84. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Architect-Charles-Correa-dies-at-84/articleshow/47697831.cms

Y-dub, You know...this is a thread about military intelligence and country-building. Not architects in the architecture sense of the word.

SC

Arguably India's greatest contemporary architect, Charles Correa, 84. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Architect-Charles-Correa-dies-at-84/articleshow/47697831.cms

Y-dub, You know...this is a thread about military intelligence and country-building. Not architects in the architecture sense of the word.

SC

Yeah, but I love the title being so apt for the more general kind. I could shove them all into Foreign Personalities or Dead of 2015, but it's not the same. It's too good a title not to use.