comedychris

Comedy & Death - Great Combination

;) This is my first post (I registered after finding the site) Anyway, I am doing my second stand up comedy gig on Thursday and 80% of my act revolves around death. This site is a god-send. Oh, and well done on the results so far this year

Guest One Man Jury
;) This is my first post (I registered after finding the site) Anyway, I am doing my second stand up comedy gig on Thursday and 80% of my act revolves around death. This site is a god-send. Oh, and well done on the results so far this year

If you decide to use any of my material (see my posts on the site), don't forget about the royalties!

Don't do a Tommy Cooper or Eric Morcambe and die on stage although I'm sure it would get you your biggest laugh of the evening.

;)

Oh, and well done on the results so far this year

A touch patronising..... ;)

What's the other 20% of your act?

I thought the death stuff was the comedy part

Well 80 percent of the standup would be on death and the other 20 percent would be on whatever. I think thats what he stated.

In his standup hes prob allready crackin jokes about the sick websight he found where people wait for famous rich old sick people to die.

Guest One Man Jury
sick websight

??? Traitor!!

From your spelling, he'll be able to visualise it too maybe.

If you decide to use any of my material (see my posts on the site), don't forget about the royalties!

Does anyone else find this highly unlikely?

Comedy = tragedy x (distance + time)

Therefore the remaining 20% will be about clocks and trains.

Comedy = tragedy x (distance + time)

Therefore the remaining 20% will be about clocks and trains.

:blink:

Which reminds me: how's Stephen Hawking doing?

regards,

Hein

This is my first post (I registered after finding the site)

That's usually the way it works. Very few, if any, have managed registering before arriving here.

Being heckled, and dodging projectiles from the audience probably.

:D This is my first post (I registered after finding the site) Anyway, I am doing my second stand up comedy gig on Thursday and 80% of my act revolves around death. This site is a god-send. Oh, and well done on the results so far this year

Almost a year on and I wonder how Comedy Chris has fared in his stand up comedy venture?

I'm not aware of any comedians doing the circuit with a stage act based around the Death List, but then again I don't get out to Jongleurs quite as much as I should.

On the other hand, perhaps he decided to ditch the 80% of his act that revolved around death and concentrate on another vein of rib tickling.

Then again, perhaps the 80% revolving around death was a sad admission on his part of actually dying on stage for the greater part of his act.

Actually, was Comedy Chris a pseudonym (clever and amusing in its own subtle originality) and this poster has actually made it big under the guise of...Jimmy Carr or Kielty....just off the top of my head?

Get in touch 'Chris' as I'm dying to know if you succeeded or wisely went back to your job at Burger King.

Being heckled, and dodging projectiles from the audience probably.

Telling stories of the hardships of having to live in his mother's basement with his inflatable sheep.

that sounds like the stuff of comedy greatness to me... which is probably why my career never took off. took off? it's still on the runway! (cont. 'Morecambe & Wise - The Wilderness Years')

Can anyone remember seeing Tommy Cooper drop dead on stage during a televised Royal Variety Performance back in the eighties? I can still remember him keeling over and someone trying to get the curtain down as quickly as possible. A lot of the audience were still laughing and clapping as though it was all part of the act (the best part in my opinion!)

There must be footage remaining somewhere of this as I cannot believe its all been destroyed. A long with the Kennedy assassination footage it must have been the most unexpected event ever to be caught on film. :banghead:

[Topics merged - ff]

Edited by football_fan

Can anyone remember seeing Tommy Cooper drop dead on stage during a televised Royal Variety Performance back in the eighties? I can still remember him keeling over and someone trying to get the curtain down as quickly as possible. A lot of the audience were still laughing and clapping as though it was all part of the act (the best part in my opinion!)

There must be footage remaining somewhere of this as I cannot believe its all been destroyed. A long with the Kennedy assassination footage it must have been the most unexpected event ever to be caught on film. :banghead:

I think this needs to be merged with the Titanic thread.

I,ll always remember the death of ROD (" Thud ") HULL the comedy ventriloquist falling to his death from the roof of his house in 1999 as he was trying to adjust his TV ariel during a football match. I presume that EMU was responsible?

If reports are to be believed Emu had every reason to be aggrieved. Hull spent thirty odd years with his hand rammed up the poor things ass using him as a tool to grope females in his audience!

see this for more : http://biffovision.blogspot.com/2006/05/sp...poil-child.html

Hull also managed to accumulate many lovers and wives during his career which is beyond comprehension. Perhaps Emu formed part of the menage a trois? To be honest I think most of us would have preferred to bed down with the long-legged blue glove puppet than "Thud" Hull any day of the week! ;)

I don't know if this should go in the 'Claim to Fame' section or not, but I was once told to 'f**k Off' by Rod Hull. We were playing at a Charity Fun Day with him, at which he was neither fun nor particularly charitable as I recall. Hull was knocking back large scotches at noon which no doubt added to his less than personable demeanour and arguing with his agent on his mobile phone when I approached for a chat.

The shortest chat I hace ever had in my life as it turned out.

Sounds like a great guy! (not)

I actually did see Rod and Emu some time back in the early eighties when he opened a local branch DIY store in my area. All I can remember was that he arrived in a yellow Rolls Royce and me and my mates stood well back as to avoid getting molested by them.

I also have vivid awful memories of the pile of s**** TV programme called "Emu,s World" that involved a pink windmill (a phallic symbol, maybe?) an irritating green witch with her effeminate robot sidekick and hordes of cringey kids who were far too goody-goody to be real. What went on when someone was at the door? All that dancing around was enough to make me want to take a jump off my own roof!

Sounds like a great guy! (not)

I actually did see Rod and Emu some time back in the early eighties when he opened a local branch DIY store in my area. All I can remember was that he arrived in a yellow Rolls Royce and me and my mates stood well back as to avoid getting molested by them.

I also have vivid awful memories of the pile of s**** TV programme called "Emu,s World" that involved a pink windmill (a phallic symbol, maybe?) an irritating green witch with her effeminate robot sidekick and hordes of cringey kids who were far too goody-goody to be real. What went on when someone was at the door? All that dancing around was enough to make me want to take a jump off my own roof!

That'd be Grotbags. Is there any truth in the rumour that when Rod died he was preparing for Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes? I heard he was going to be R.Kelly and he intended to sing "I Believe I Can Fly".

I'll send myself off for that one. ;)

Almost, he was rehearsing a medley of the Goffin/King standard Up On The Roof effortlessly slipping into 'Hit The Road Jack.'

Is there any truth in the rumour that when Rod died he was preparing for Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes? I heard he was going to be R.Kelly and he intended to sing "I Believe I Can Fly".

I'll send myself off for that one. ;)

I thought it was "Fiddler on the Roof". :lol: