Who is here hanging around?

Guest IYG

I be here. :lol: Doing nothing.

Hi - I am here at the moment - but not for much longer

Should we put you on the list?

Do you mean on a little list?

My, this is a silly thread!

Reminds me of an internet chatroom.

Does anyone else (apart from Grim Rita) think live chat would be fun on the Deathlist?

Or do I mean dead chat?

Nah. I think chat rooms/instant messaging is a bad idea.

There's already far too much ranting (replete with spelling mistakes) as it is, let alone ranting-in-realtime.

It'd be a recipe for disaster in my humble opinion. Not merely because when josco and Amanda get online, well, spelling and typo's are bad enough without having to type one-handed.

Not merely because when josco and Amanda get online, well, spelling and typo's are bad enough without having to type one-handed.

I thought it was Larry Pestilence III and Amanda.

She obviously gets about a bit, that girl. :lol:

But seriously, I agree with your doubts as to the wisdom of live ranting on the List.

There'd be no harm in an informal get together in an AIM chatroom once in a while, between consenting parties.

I'm not sure I'd want to pollute my computer with MSN messenger, though. :D

Guest IYG

Sheesh, it's as if some of you don't know what women look like.

Maybe some of you don't. :lol:

Not merely because when josco and Amanda get online, well, spelling and typo's are bad enough without having to type one-handed.

I try very hard with my spelling and grammar, and I have progressed to using two hands. It's all very well for you young 'uns, but PCs and all this technology still makes me gawk. When I was a young man there was no such thing as a photocopier. At school the punishment was to wind the Xerox copying machine that had a piece if carbon paper wrapped round a drum. It had to filled with foul smelling chemicals that today would probably be banned. In fact I was expelled and my education brought to a halt long before Clive Sinclair got into his stride and young master William Gates had yet to make any headway. My mother bought one of those marvellous adding machines for £3/7/6d that was the talk of the whole village (at a time when I earned 30/- per week holiday job)

Further ranting and boring dialogue here...................

And here....................

And some more here...............

Ending up with.......

...and lick t'road clean wit' tongue. (Monty Python)

My, this is a silly thread!

Reminds me of an internet chatroom.

Does anyone else (apart from Grim Rita) think live chat would be fun on the Deathlist?

Or do I mean dead chat?

Sounds like a bad idea to me. One of the really good things about this site is the absence of live chat.

I try very hard with my spelling and grammar, and I have progressed to using two hands.

I don't think Honez was criticising your typing abilities Mr Josco.

I try very hard with my spelling and grammar, and I have progressed to using two hands.

I don't think Honez was criticising your typing abilities Mr Josco.

I suspect you are right, but I was taught not to notice or draw attention to other peoples proclivities.

..... without having to type one-handed.

It's Mr Honez who is doing the one-handed typing!

:lol:

..... without having to type one-handed.

It's Mr Honez who is doing the one-handed typing!

:lol:

Cheeky sod. My wording was attempting to remove the accusatory term "you" from the text so it didn't sound like I was accusing someone specifically of "twanging the wire."

By doing so, I fear I have incorrectly implicated myself as a one-handed banjo soloist at the keyboard. My intent was to imply that other people were, not myself.

By doing so, I fear I have incorrectly implicated myself as a one-handed banjo soloist at the keyboard. My intent was to imply that other people were, not myself.

Isn't 'playing the banjo' a girl thing?

At school the punishment was to wind the Xerox copying machine that had a piece if carbon paper wrapped round a drum. It had to filled with foul smelling chemicals that today would probably be banned.

Was that one of those Gestetner Duplicators with the tubes of horrible sticky ink, and the stencils that you had to do on a typewriter first? Or was it the even more primitive kind which used Meths as ink, so all the text was purple?

My grandmother used both kinds at one time to do the hymnsheets.

Isn't 'playing the banjo' a girl thing?

Dunno, but Billy Conolly seems to like it.

My mother bought one of those marvellous adding machines for £3/7/6d that was the talk of the whole village (at a time when I earned 30/- per week holiday job)

Oy, I thought I were an old fart.. :lol:

regrads,

Hein

• Like 1

I thought it was Larry Pestilence III and Amanda.

What libel! An e-writ is on its way to you now. :P

If anyone wants to chat, there's a place in your member profile to let folks know your name on AIM, MSN etc.,

I think the info is available to the general ranting public, so some might not be keen on disclosing it, but I've yet to have a problem of that kind.

There is also the deathlist personal message service for those more intimate intimations which may not concern the general readership. (Although they may well interest some of us) :P

I try very hard with my spelling and grammar, and I have progressed to using two hands. It's all very well for you young 'uns, but PCs and all this technology still makes me gawk. When I was a young man there was no such thing as a photocopier. At school the punishment was to wind the Xerox copying machine that had a piece if carbon paper wrapped round a drum. It had to filled with foul smelling chemicals that today would probably be banned. In fact I was expelled and my education brought to a halt long before Clive Sinclair got into his stride and young master William Gates had yet to make any headway. My mother bought one of those marvellous adding machines for £3/7/6d that was the talk of the whole village (at a time when I earned 30/- per week holiday job)

You try tellin kids these days. They won't believe ya! :P

At school the punishment was to wind the Xerox copying machine that had a piece if carbon paper wrapped round a drum.  It had to filled with foul smelling chemicals that today would probably be banned.

Was that one of those Gestetner Duplicators with the tubes of horrible sticky ink, and the stencils that you had to do on a typewriter first? Or was it the even more primitive kind which used Meths as ink, so all the text was purple?

My grandmother used both kinds at one time to do the hymnsheets.

It was originally the meths type, but as is the way with cutting edge technology, there was an upgrade path to the multi-coloured version.

Yippeee !!

It's half-term, so I'm making my escape.

:P